Sunday, May 28, 2023

Memorial Day

I had the honor of being the keynote speaker on Memorial Day a few years ago. This was at Veterans Park, Tularosa, New Mexico. 

I will share my closing statement as Memorial Day is a very personal one for me. I closed by stating "If it must be a family that carries this as their story, I am humbled to share  that this is mine. "

 

May we never forget.                                                                                                                                    Captain David P. Gibson KIA 4/8/1967


*It was a very windy day, and two of our grandchildren can be heard slightly during the speech. Thank you to my  Bill for filming this.

UPDATE: When I gave this speech Dad had 34 descendants. He now has 41(5 more from my kids!) Time indeed, marches on. 


Mom receiving the medals awarded to my father posthumously. I am that babe in her arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Burrito Breakfast

  I make Bill's breakfast every morn. On days he heads to town for work, I prep burritos.  The above photo is filled with farm goodness,...