Thursday, September 21, 2023

Canardly Owner Morning

The day began before I even planned on waking as we had a thunderstorm overnight. Not much in rain but a great deal of thunder. Our inside guardian a canardly, is the bravest of all dogs in every situation aside from two. She is deathly afraid of the sonic booms and thunder. 

Last night she was terrified. I tried to comfort her but she panicked before I could get out of bed and she squeezed under our pine log bed. She doesn't fit under the bed. Seriously. Bill slept through the thunderstorm and I did not wake him until it was 5:45 am as that is my time to begin the day. While I tried to get my canardly out from under the bed, Bill maintained his 40 winks. Finally, I had to wake Bill as poor pup was stuck and I needed help. 

Bill had to lift the end and I had to pull the pup out. She had a rough time with the thunder. I am grateful we do not have much in the way of thunder as I don't think she could survive thunder more than once or twice a year. 

No real rain accumulation as it is New Mexico. 

Bill only woke up a bit earlier than he usually does and I was still able to accomplish the morning chores needed before he headed to town. Hmm, a day in the life of a canardly owner is interesting and unique and well worth the breed, if you can find one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Burrito Breakfast

  I make Bill's breakfast every morn. On days he heads to town for work, I prep burritos.  The above photo is filled with farm goodness,...