Friday, May 26, 2023

The Family

It is not easy to describe myself without describing those that are my loves. I am a better woman, friend, and person because of my  husband, my children, and now my grandchildren.   As every family, we are very unique, yet, very much like others and definitely like the television show Blue Bloods as in our immediate family of six, 50% are veterans. 50% are LEOs. One third were volunteer firemen for a substantial amount of time. Two work for the courts, and one has been in the medical field a long time. 

Yes, the careers overlap. 

We raised our children to love God, love family, love country. 

We expected community service in many measures as the government should not be first in helping our neighbors. We should. 

Bill and I have had many titles in our marriage. These too overlap at times. First, we were husband and wife. Then Dad and Momma, then Dad and Mom. Our titles made our hearts melt as we became grandparents to now 9: 5 grandsons and 4 granddaughters. 

As much as we love being grandparents, it is just as incredible to see our children as parents. 

Imagine knowing the outcome 35 years ago, I am not sure I could have believed this would be our story...

But it is All because two people fell in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burrito Breakfast

  I make Bill's breakfast every morn. On days he heads to town for work, I prep burritos.  The above photo is filled with farm goodness,...