Sunday, September 3, 2023

Grand #7

I had an opportunity to spend some time with grand #7 this week.  He is just shy of 3 by a month and is full of energy that makes my heart melt. When I get a chance I try and do some sort of a project with my goofs kiddos and this time I was going to make some salsa. 

#7's Dad loves salsa but he loves super spicy salsa and so #7 and his brother grand #4 won't eat it. I thought I will make a very flavorful salsa with #7 and with each ingredient taste it, so that he will understand that Gigi's salsa is delish and not spicy. 

We began with cilantro, just pulling out any leaves that weren't the best and then #7 just decided that all the rest was perfect and tossed it in the bowl! We added tomatoes, garlic, lime, salt, pepper, and onions. This round I did not add any peppers because #7 thinks all peppers are spicy!


Here he is mixing the bowl of salsa ingredients. Oh boy did he have a great time!

 My mission was a success because #7 ended up drinking the bowls after I had put the rest in jars. When his big brother got home from school, #7 raced to the cupboard to grab the chips to have brother eat the salsa too. Both boys ended up eating the salsa like soup! They are so cute and I was so thankful that I was able to spend this time with the grandcutie pies!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burrito Breakfast

  I make Bill's breakfast every morn. On days he heads to town for work, I prep burritos.  The above photo is filled with farm goodness,...