Thursday, September 14, 2023

My Hands are Always

Busy! If I am not doing actual housework, farmwork, or helping Bill in one of our many side hustles, I am creating. I cannot seem to stop.


We love pistachios and of course that means a good deal of shells are left. It bothers me to waste the shells so I often come up with some art piece using them. Here is a heart. 


And a simple menorah.


I love horses. I had an entire year where I had a long-legged season of artwork. I think it is because I love my Bill and he is one good lookin' long-legged fella!


One of my oil paintings. If you ask me which football team I like, I always say The Bill's. I like the Buffalo Bill's because I am a cheesy kid at heart and I love Bill. Why not love a team that is Bill's?

Here is a small corner of pieces that are filled with salvaged wood, chicken feathers and bristles from a paint brush!

An earlier piece. 

This is a mobile I made for one of the grands, and that cutie will soon turn 8! 


This piece is made of a piece of a business sign that was destined for the dumpster. 

Another piece from the repurposed business sign.

I also designed the summer 2019 NMSU-A catalog. This was my prototype!

I also had a giraffe season. The long legs of those critters amazes me!

I am a rockhound as well and I painted a good deal to hide about for the children to discover, 100 for the local museum to give out, as well as this box, which was raffled off for $200.00 for a local fundraiser.

Here is Mr. and Mrs. Double Nickel made with dried gourds for the head, and old pieces of Bill's and my clothes. The wire is the form which is something we use often out and about on the farm. 

 
Here is a hummingbird that I painted one afternoon on a rock. In the past several years, I think I have painted over 300 rocks and placed them about the community to be discovered by someone. It is kind of a place of happiness I create when I paint the rocks, and then knowing someone may have a moment of joy finding the rock makes my day. 
 
This is just a teeny tiny window of my world and it is the part where my brain must create. I am thankful that I can and hope you enjoyed your visit. 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burrito Breakfast

  I make Bill's breakfast every morn. On days he heads to town for work, I prep burritos.  The above photo is filled with farm goodness,...