Thursday, September 14, 2023

The Legacy One Leaves Behind

I have been thinking a good deal about my father-in-law.  He passed away in 2020 and is missed.

This is a photo of my father-in-law with my kiddos and Bill about 13 years ago. My father-in-law shared much about his childhood and parents and told me about wishing to have his name carry on. We ended up with three sons to pass his name on and we actually named our second son after him.  

When I think about my father-in-law, it is often because of things I see Bill doing and we are the age that my father-in-law was when I first met him. I see all the hard work that Bill does and know it was all taught to him by his dad. The work ethic, the jack of all knowledge, I mean I could go on and on.

And this is something that makes me think even more of my father-in-law than just about his last name. You see, he instilled so much into my Bill that it truly was part of who he became all because. Bill, in turn, has done the same with our sons. It is a legacy or inheritance of zero cash value but is worth far more than all the money in the world. A man with honor, integrity, and good character that walks with the LORD, is a man worth all.
 
Now we have 4 grands that carry on the name and also are being trained by their Papa and father's to become men of honor, with integrity, and good character...
and I smile because the fear of not leaving a legacy behind by my father-in-law is unfounded. He has a tremendous legacy all because.
 
Oh and for the record my father-in-law was the father of 7, grandfather of 20 and the great-grandfather of 18+. Quite and impressive legacy!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burrito Breakfast

  I make Bill's breakfast every morn. On days he heads to town for work, I prep burritos.  The above photo is filled with farm goodness,...